July First Friday Fast
Friday, July 6
This year, we'll be spending the first Friday of every month. Church members who fast for all 12 Fridays (all 11 since we missed January) will be invited to a year-end party to celebrate the answers to our prayers. If fasting is new to you, here are some instructions.
This month, we'll be praying for peace in our city. Look below for a few ideas of topics to pray for along the theme of peace:
- Pray for peace in homes where there is no peace - between husbands and wives, children and parents.
- Pray for the peace of salvation through the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for peace between people of different cultures and ethnicities. Pray that racism would be crucified in the cross in our city.
- Pray for peace for those living in the turbulent and peace-less situation of homelessness.
- Pray for the cessation of violent crime.
- Pray for peace between different Gospel-proclaiming efforts in our city.
- Pray for peace within our local church